As a diligent student of the Bible, you will want to make sure the Bible really says what this study says. Always remember to test all things with God's word - as the Bereans did. They "received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so" (Acts 17:11).
Read the study all the way through, without looking up the Scriptures. Then read the study again, this time looking up the Scriptures. Highlight or mark each verse you look up so you can easily find it later.
Just as there is only one truth, there also is only one happiness. True happiness comes from a warm relationship with God. Abraham, Noah, Daniel and a host of other people have had this true happiness in the past.
What is true happiness?
* Knowing God's Will and then performing it daily in your life (Matt. 6:10; 7:21; Luke 8:21; 1 John 2:17; 1 Peter 2:15; 4:2, 6; Col. 1:10).
* Having the attitude of a servant toward others at all times as Jesus Christ, our Savior and example, did (Rom. 15:2-3; 1 Cor. 10:24; Matt. 20:26-28; 23:11).
* Having the knowledge of the truth - God's word - and being set free from all religious deception, with its satanic tentacles that grip the earth (John 8:31-32; Rev. 12:9).
* Being set free from all pagan religious traditions of men that make the worship of Jesus Christ in vain (Mark 7:7).
* Receiving answered prayer because you are constantly doing God's Will and are pleasing in His sight (1 John 3:22; John 9:31).
* Hating what is evil and loving what is good (Psalm 45:7; 97:10).
* Hating worldliness and the things that war against the Spirit, such as dirty movies and magazines, swearing, lying, stealing, lusting, drunkenness, etc., for these things are not pleasing to God.
* Always being patient toward others.
* Always forgiving others and not holding any bitterness toward them.
* Always living to please God within your marriage and having happy and obedient children.
* Always having peace and not letting those who have no peace take yours (Rom. 14:19; Psalm 34:14).
* Always having faith in Christ Jesus that He will supply all your needs after you have done God's Will, and knowing that all will go right for the righteous (Is. 3:10, Matt. 6:25-33).
* Going to God and His word for the truth, instead of to books written by men, which are a great source of religious confusion.
* Keeping life simple by keeping it pure.
* Having the trusting attitude of a child toward the Lord at all times (Matt. 18:3).
* Learning who Jesus Christ really is by studying God's word, instead of believing what man says He is.
* Studying God's word for the answers to all of life's problems and questions (2 Tim. 2:15; 3:16-17).
* Wearing out your Bible for God by reading it every day and highlighting the Scriptures (Acts 17:11).
In conclusion, true happiness is knowing God's Ways and putting them into action in your daily life. This is the only way to be a friend of God. Remember always, Jesus Christ is God and we must keep only His words in order to be truly happy and never see death (John 8:51).
(Feel free to give copies of this study to others who want to know Godís truth. You will be doing Godís Will when you show and tell others how to live this special Way.)